This construction zone provides specific material on the
construction and organization of the
/readings mini-Web on
Information on the overall organizational and construction
principles of the site is collected in the Construction
Information on the activities and projects in the readings
and annotated-bibliography section is found in this construction zone's Job
Jar and Activity Log.
The Change History, below, is no longer maintained in that
form. The Job Jar approach is now used for all such material.
2001-11-26-14:32 Begin to Prepare Mirror Grouping
Orcmid's Lair and the Miser Project are interdependent sections that are
capable of being mirrored independently of other groups (such as those for
DMware). The relativization of links
and the use of global indexes for linking outside of the relative group is
being introduced here as it is for DMware.
- 2003-08-01-10:48 Establish Construction Zone (orcmid)
- The steady migration of pages to a consistent HTML 4.01 style, with
reliance on inclusion of standard elements for the construction shack, is
formalized here. The annotated-bibliography pages are being restyled
as they are touched as part of normal updating. The construction
structure is now updated to reflect that activity. Further
construction zone activity and change history is now recorded in the construction
job jar for this section of the site.
- 2001-11-29-12:33 Complete Mirror Grouping (orcmid)
- The top structure of Orcmid's Lair is set up so that there is no
dependency on anything global to the
sub-web. The only peer dependency is into the
sub-web. [2002-03-28: Even that dependency is being removed in favor of
1. The images in the title bars of construction-structure pages are located
2. All internal and lateral (miser) references are relative references.
3. Hard links in these pages are being replaced by relative links that do
not depend upon their being a known anchor site for location of this
1. I am revising the construction structure first, so that relative
links work up the tree, and links to the builders of Orcmid's Lair are to an
author page in the ultimate (orcmid-level) construction section.
2. Eventually, the entire group is relative to Orcmid's Lair and the
image and construction sections there are the top ones used, with anything
else determined from
2001-05-10-14:14 Use simplified location-identification (orcmid)
Since I am working here today, I began cleaning up the construction
structure to use the simplified "location" identification begun
orcmid top-level construction-structure
2001-04-08-17:24 Introduce NuovoDoc Centrale identification (orcmid)
The images and links are changed to reflect the new NuovoDoc Centrale
nomenclature and branding.
Amended 2001-11-29: The NuovoDoc
identification and the Centrale identification is submerged so that there is
no limitation on the choice of anchor site. Although a NuovoDoc image
is being used for the initial OrcmidsLair-logo image, that will be remedied
simply by replacing the image later. All links to the image are
2000-09-08-12:27 Add Being Coverage (orcmid)
I added a "Being" bibliography and also continued the
cleaning-up that originated on the Miser Project. The notes on
readings are now part of a consistent
series of web pages, and there will be a single catalog for the entire
Orcmid's Lair group.
2000-07-18-21:53 Expand Some More (orcmid)
I want to include some standard software and programming language books
for convenient reference from around the site. I am going to include
them in software tools, because I can't figure out where else they go.
2000-07-18-18:27 Expand Readings (orcmid)
I took apart a working bibliography for The Miser
Project, and a few items
made their way back here.
1. I started a System Architecture and Design
readings page and a Computer Science readings
2. I am ending up with a bibliography that is divided up in arbitrary
categories and also distributed among projects on
infonuovo.com. I may
not like how this goes, but it is what I am doing for now.
3. I finally created a default page, and used it to list the
"readings" that there are so far.
4. I tidied up the quality page and made all of the pages uniform.
2000-07-18-14:17 Create orcmid/reading Project & Construction Log (orcmid)
1. The orcmid reading project is created to provide a place for notes,
bibliographies, and reviews of material that I find valuable in the work of
InfoNuovo and the projects carried on infonuovo.com.
2. I established an index.htm and this construction.log to provide the
initial construction structure.
3. The initial content consists of two bibliographies. One on
materials addressing quality processes, another on the general computing
milieu. These bibliographies are also intended to support more
specialized references and notes in individual projects, such as The
4. This collection continues the idea of using random Web-page names for
material that is not intended to be cross-referenced and which may be of an
ephemeral character (such as BXn9rCKW.htm was
It also means that agents (robots) and trollers can't find these pages by guessing
their names. It is necessary to know the link. At some point, I
may drive myself crazy with this stuff.