- 2005-06-15-12:26 Turn into Construction Zone
- We're not there yet. A job jar and diary has
been created, but this page must be updated to the current Construction
Zone "cover" format.
- 2001-11-29-14:04 Incorporate in Orcmid's Lair
- As much as I say I want to write and be known for writing, I have not done
much to make this section accessible and useful. Today we start
by updating this material to be relative to the Orcmid's Lair mirror
group. There are probably things to do in the different editions of
articles here, but that will come later.
- 2000-06-21-12:55 Draft 0.10 editing completed and submitted for
editorial review (orcmid)
- 2000-05-27-07:34 Split SE4E Article Again (orcmid)
- Draft 0.10 is started in file
This was completed by making a new split just like the way I split version
0.04 (and then 0.05) out from 0.03. This one will be seriously
condensed from the gathering of odd thoughts that persisted through draft
1. FrontPage is used to rename the checked-in file from se4e-2000-05-25.htm
2. The version of
se4e-2000-05-25.htm in the VServers upload/mirror area is
checked back into VSS and then shared back to the development area.
FrontPage Tools / Recalculate Links is used to resynchronize FrontPage
management of the pages.
3. Everything is properly linked here and can also be linked in the change
notes of the article itself.
- 2000-05-26-15:28 Recover Earlier SE4E Article (orcmid)
- Using FrontPage 2000, it is easy to rename (or move) a file and have all
links to it be updated automatically. I did that to split the SE4E
Article versions, and I am about to do it again, so that a history of the
key drafts is available. The full history is in Visual Source Safe,
which FrontPage 2000 has been configured to operate with. But the
Visual Source Safe history has all of the files be with the same name.
1. Because the VServer image of the earlier draft is still present in my
upload/mirror area, I split the earlier draft out by checking it in on the
VServer image and sharing it back to the development image that I use
2. A consequence is that the split out copy does not reflect the version and
construction history of the line of VSS revisions that the file is actually
taken from. There is not help for that. But it has the
accountability be broken.
- 2000-05-25-09:29 Split SE4E Article (orcmid)
- I renamed the SE4E article to
so that draft
0.03 is preserved in a separate file on the web site. I will do
this again so that key separate versions are retained as a kind of
illustration of what the SE4E article is about.
- 2000-05-14-22:32 Correct index.htm title in page header (orcmid)
- This problem was discovered when the page was cloned to make a
construction area for another project on
- 2000-05-03-00:43 Create orcmid/writing Project & Construction Log (orcmid)
- 1. The orcmid writing project was created as part of an interim
organization for writings being developed. This becomes an area for
pet topics, essays, and drafts of short published materials. More
substantial materials are linked from summaries provided here.
2. I established an index.htm and this construction.log to provide the
initial construction structure.
3. The initial content consists of an article on Software
Engineering for Everyone. There's lots more currently accumulating
in the form of e-mail notes on various topics.
created 2000-05-03-00:43 +0200 (it) by orcmid
$$Author: Orcmid $
$$Date: 07-02-17 9:46 $
$$Revision: 19 $