The introduction of the Microsoft Office Open XML formats and
the XML Reference Schema license is reviewed and a variety of the aspects
analyzed from the perspective of my personal interest in the document-management
implications. There is also contrasting with the development of the Oasis
Open Document Format.
- 0.80 2005-12-18-21:57 Introduce separate version
for incremental changes as OOX moves toward availability and
- Continue updating the links as edits occur, holding this version until
something more substantial happens.
- 0.75 2005-12-06-21:18 Connect Analysis for how
to adopt and support the formats
- 0.65 2005-11-29-13:29 Reflect the Intention to
Submit Office XML to ECMA
- OK, there's more reason to update the table as the saga continues.
I am still putting the constructive efforts elsewhere, and simply updating
this analysis as events require. This version can then be replaced by
an affirmative roadmap for adoption of open formats.
- 0.50 2005-10-11-10:42 Upgrade to Newer
- The Analysis 0.50 refines the original and replaces Analysis 0.30 as the
latest. It is unlikely that there will be further refinements.
The topic is being addressed more broadly at a general level under the TROST
project. The material here will be updated only if it is
desirable as an example of particular cases, perhaps with regard to
ActiveODMA provisions for OASIS Open Document Format and/or the Microsoft
Open Office XML and Open Packaging Conventions approaches.
- 0.10 2005-10-07-18:34 Move to Canonical Location
- The material is moved to writings/2005/06 and the previous pages are
preserved for past-bookmark-preservation by including these pages there.
- 0.00 2005-06-04-15:00 Create Placeholder
- I have rough notes that I will be organizing. This is the placeholder
for where I'll extend those, along with a Diary and Job Jar
for organizing items. Although the accountable-progression
pattern has not been established here, I am making an ad hoc
application of it. This page will ultimately be replaced with a
synopsis and table of content.
You are navigating Orcmid's Lair
created 2005-06-04-15:00 -0700 (pdt) by orcmid
$$Author: Orcmid $
$$Date: 22-05-06 16:35 $
$$Revision: 97 $